Monday, October 26, 2009

Pat II Day 6

Time heals all wounds but sometimes we don't want the wounds to heal for we fear if we get over the pain we will forget. I wrote that roughly 29 years ago. Today is my sister's birthday. She would have been 48 today, instead she died at the tender age of 19. I can see her in my minds eye as she stays frozen in her youth. She came to me in my dreams so often after her death, still it took me years to understand what she was telling me. I have rarely had her visit since I understood her message. Her death and visits have been a tremendous force behind why I search for meaning and how I lean toward deep relationships. I have witnessed great pain at an early age and it is an intense teacher.
Chris kept a journal of favorite writings, another influence for me, but the writings are eerie in the messages she left behind. She loved life, she loved us, she was a beautiful person both inside and out. She had a bad temper and a quickness about her. It is such a shame just as she was beginning her own life it ended. One of her journal entries was "better to have lived well then long."
I am grateful to have had her as a sister, for even though I only had her for 15 years she still impacts my life today. Happy Birthday Chris. We love and miss you.

Tell someone today how much they mean to you. LIVE WELL! LOVE OFTEN! EMBRACE LIFE!

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

No comments: