Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 23

Transition is rarely an easy thing (at least for me). It seems that for most of us it can take years to make the kinds of shifts that create a new living situation. Look at divorce, I'm divorced and it took me I believe 2-3 years before I left and probably knew almost everyday that it was no longer a good place. So perhaps step one is the realization that ones present situation no longer works. I remember I did a variety of activities to help during my "incubation period" The most unproductive thing I did was to get busy doing "stuff" to stay busy and away from what I needed to do. I believe we have spoken of avoidance. Thus enters the bury your head in the sand time. Then there's the fix it stage, I went to support groups both structured and unstructured. I decluttered my home removing all the trash and unwanted, unneeded items (metaphor) and I talked to many people to try to help myself figure out what to do. Perhaps the bee hive steps of fix it, or pretend it'll all be OK because I'm to distracted to notice. is really the presences of fear. (Better the Devil you know). I'm obviously addressing transition because I'm back in the process again. I say all this because I know I have made the realization that I need to make some changes; I knew it two years ago (for heaven sakes it's part of the reason I went back to school). Additionally, I am starting to declutter, travel and feel sick to my stomach with indecision (so get busy so you don't feel) This time I am better prepare - no less scared or uncertain but this time I know some of the signs. Be good to yourself if you are in transition, I am trying to be. I keep an eye and heart open for signs, I am allowing some of the angst to come through so I can use my fear for direction. If I fear I won't have money, look for resources. If I fear losing someone, talk to them and be open to solutions. Transition made easier follow the fear. I wish it could be easier for everyone as I have since how difficult it can be for some, I must remember to let them have their path so as to learn and grow.

Be good to yourself. None of us can see where the road leads, best to enjoy the journey.

Process:
Sent Resume out.
Found another opportunity for a different position

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all. Thanks
Namaste
K

2 comments:

windancer said...

A very wise teacher once told me "if you give up fear you will never have to give up another thing in your life". The olde I get the more wise this advise becomes:>}}

Megan M said...

When standing at the crossroads, your first step may be a leap of faith. A step you must take, standing or sitting in the road will get you nowhere.

With questions waffling all about me, I placed an offer on a home- take that step, slowly!

Love to you as you decide! mm