Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 18

Travel day today. I am heading back to St. Louis for a couple of weeks, always good to be with the family. I’m sure like many of us they provide me with my roots; a centering point from which I can look out and see a more clear and realistic picture. As I was traveling home (notice I said home hmmm) I met a young lady from Alaska. She grew up on an island outside of Juneau in a logging camp. We had great conversation I talked to her about the plan and she was engaged and encouraging, as we spoke she made a comment that registered as an important truth for me. She said “sometimes you have to find the balance between the two”, this is a lifelong lesson for me and so very relevant to the “process/plan”. Perhaps coming home is a way of coming back to my core lessons. I wonder what this trip will bring.
Process:
I unloaded more clutter yesterday from my storage, things that don’t fit ( I mean that in a variety of ways). When I return to CA I will be unloading a great deal more. I think.

What grounds you? Where do you go or who do you see that helps you find your center? What comes up for you there?

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all. Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

windancer said...

Very cool about the voice from Alaska. Center point and balance is what it's all about - letting go of the "clutter" w/out attaching to the process of letting go:>}}

Dharmakeerti would say "become the witness - observe your process - w/out attaching to that porcess - it's not the process or the clutter that causes our sturggles -it's the attachments". Over the years I have worked w/ her I will contact her to tell her a big up in my life - or a big down - she replies to either "That's nice", or "I am so sorry" - and then "and how is the weather there?" In other words up or down - excited or let down - don't attach - but stay focused in each moment - I think that's the message from your voice from Alaska - "sometimes you have to find the balance between the two".

Enjoy being home - Fall - a great time to be in the midwest!!!