Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 16 What's this all about again?

When I got divorced I had a ring made and inscribed "to thine own Self..." I took that ring off when I went to Africa, I still have not put it back on. I don't know what I'm waiting for, it just feels like it's not the right time yet. I made that ring to remind myself not to lose my boundaries to another person. I made it as a commitment to myself.
I spoke to my teacher today and the conversation allowed me to revisit the reason for this process. (Thank You) What I am trying to do is open doors for myself to see what and how a plan/goal develops for my present and future. Interestingly, I go to local restaurant almost everyday. I sit at the counter and usually wind up talking to anyone of 5 regulars as well as a few others. I realized tonight, that there have been about 3-4 times lately (2 weeks)where I have given up my seat for one of the other guys. What I have said is, "take my seat, it's time for me to go, I've been here long enough.I didn't realize the time" (Are you with me here?). I'm sure I could go own in the way I have been living, (new job) and be pretty content, but I want more.
I have opportunities to go to Thailand and India in the early part of 2010, I have signed up for one class and have two other workshops I am interested in. I am seeing how all of this investigating is shaking then I'll decide what is right for now and what will wait. Either way it is exciting to see what is out there, so all the shedding I am doing create open/empty space (as I was reminded today by my teacher) to fill up to fast would put me back into loaded down.

Connection:
The restaurant.

Process:
Investigated another class sent email for additional info.
Researched a masters program for transition to a new career.

If you get a chance read the comments from my teacher. Click on comments below each section. She is a constant source of support and wisdom.

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

windancer said...

I am glad we had the conversation last night - it allowed you to revisit the reason for this process, and it helped clarify it for me.

Potential is good - I am going to copy and past the post from yesterday's soultalk - it was my response to another post on emptiness.
"Interesting - you remain "full" by remaining empty/not attached. That's very Zen - like the "Zen garden" that has lots of unfilled space - and the eye of the beholder is filled by not what is there but by what is not there. By not filling something w/ objects does not mean it has nothing - it just means it is unfilled w/ certain objects - allowing for the potential of other objects - or for no objects - the potential is in the emptiness - it is not about nothing - but it is about everything."