Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 7 One step at a Time

I take yoga. For those of you who might know me well, this would be to say the least surprising; to some it might signal the end of time as we know it (Which could actually be true). All joking aside it has been tremendously beneficial for my body and also for my understanding of my limiting nature. The other day my instructor told us we were going to do hand stands to which I thought, "No you're gonna do a handstand." I truly didn't believe I could. Then I decide to at least try and follow the steps she was giving (what the heck, it would make for a good story). She broke down each incremental movement and 2 minutes later I did my first handstand. I could not believe it; and it that moment something inside me clicked. One step, one focused, mindful motion after another and the unbelievable becomes the doing.
I use to believe these types of results only came from a military style practice, "no pain, no gain" I would brutalize my body. Yoga allowed me to see the metaphor of stepping into the flow. Don't get me wrong, yoga can stretch you in ways that become uncomfortable - right up until you breath and believe into it.

Connections:
A man at the dinner today asked me out of no where "are you going to write a book?" (one step at a time)
I saw my reflection today in the window while running.

Progress:
I made an appoinment today.
I sent the blog to three more people

What do you want to do that you think you can't - Break it down one step at a time. Oh and love the steps. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

2 comments:

windancer said...

How perfect - one step at a time - and surrender to the process - I think you have summed up the direction for entering the fifth world. Pain is not required -unless we require it of ourselves. If you desire pain then you will get it - if you don't then you won't.

And the messages from the universe - giving you support and encouragement - as long as you stop, look,and listen.

And loving the process - we create our reality in each moment - so when we surrender to being comfortable no matter what the universe offers us - we begin to create a reality of acceptance and abundance. When we learn to live authentically - live visible to ourselves, and learn to live out loud - we are living in the moment of acceptance and abundance flows into that environment.

Dharmakeerti says that the Spirit is the Heart and from this comes Lovingness - which is not an emotion but a Force. And when we trust this we move beyond belief - because belief is of the mind - but deep Turst is of the Spirit - and when we step into the flow we can surrender to that Trust and all is well.
Lots of love - have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I can do a handstand, too, Bird. By the way, with two f'ed up knees, you ran a half-marathon!