Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 13

I went today to San Jose (please do not sing "Do U know the Way to San Jose?") and went to a yoga workshop where Tibetan monks chanted prayers using the mandala they constructed. The process was about clearing and making space. The idea was to hold the mandala they built in mind and build from the center out to the four directions. This is a clearing/centering process. I loved the process of breathing deeply in and while holding and moving to and from challenging poses seeing what came up as far as mental chatter. The most trying positions for me were the ones where we were clearing ego, pride, and fear. I did not perform the positions well; whether real or imagined my thoughts or concerns regarding pride and fear seemed to preoccupy me. I eventually relaxed some because I let myself admit I was messing with myself and really directed my attention instead of fighting but I was challenged. I will heart fully admit I am thrilled with the challenge because it helps me grow. What I realized is I am holding a great deal of fear around this process. "How will this work out?" "I can't see how I can get done all I want to have happen." "What happens if I fail at this again?" These are the fears I could let overwhelm me and they will and do from time to time. None the less, I know now and learn more each day that I am to look at each fear each concern with pride and ego (otherwise known as the persona I have built or death of) and just like yoga when I let the strain in and face it; just like the scary monsters that hide in the dark closet, they disappear when the lights come on. Open up and face IT.

Connections:
Yoga to my plan and process.

Process:
Learned a new avenue to finance the plan.

What do you tell yourself you fear? Are you holding on to anger, jealosy, ego, pride, fear? What are your concerns? Look them in the eye, breath. What happens? Do they grow bigger or diminish?

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

Angels Lost Within said...

What do you tell yourself you fear? Are you holding on to anger, jealosy, ego, pride, fear? What are your concerns? Look them in the eye, breath. What happens? Do they grow bigger or diminish?

Many of us hold on to fear - I for one am not the exception. Why do we do this? Are you ashamed? I am. Are you scared it will ruin the reputation you have worked so hard for? I am. Are you worried it will scare those away from you? I am. Are you afraid it will make others angry with you? I am.

There are many reasons we hold on to fear. You put it perfectly when you said we need to face them. Look at every possible reason for holding onto that fear and figure out if it's truly something to hold on to.

Is ignoring this fear going to make it go away? Maybe in a moment, but in the long run - holding on to this fear just makes it grow and grow. It adds to the pressure and stress one feels. It limits you in your relationships. It limits your growth.

So why is it, I can't let go of my fear? Why is it I can't share my feelings? Why is it I can't tell someone? I guess those are the quesitons I need to look at a little more closely