Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 9

Letting go of a grudge is not what I wanted to do today but letting go of some of the angst happened anyway. I am not sure how this affects the project but I found myself today having to work to hold on to my anger and so I didn't. (maybe someone else needs to hear that) It was another lesson in presences. I also spoke with one of my professors today and we spoke of my project and I got some helpful hints including, that's right, stay present when listening. ( OK universe, I'm listening)
I looked up some old papers from my masters program and realized how much work is in front of me and I am reminded it is imperative I love this journey and this planning is to keep me focused. When things are rough go to presences and remember the lessons I am learning now.

Connections:
I saw on FB a guy who was in my class and the work he is doing. It was inspiring. I know his work and love what he is doing.

Progress:
Registered for my class. I am optimistic it will be helpful.
Pulled old papers to use to revamp.
Spoke with a professor for guidance.
Looked up publishers

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

2 comments:

windancer said...

Hey - so staying present when listening - good suggestion. And it's good to love the journey - allowing the planning to keep you focused - and reamin rooted in the present. Thich Nhat Hanh says "mindfulness is beautiful" - that makes an excellent mantra - to use as we carry forward in our tasks and our lives repeating:
mindfulness is beautiful

Anonymous said...

I am listening K, and I am behind you 100% in all that you decide to do. It has always been hard for me to be mindful of the journey because I am so locked in on what I am presently doing. By the time it is over, I have missed the journey. As I am getting older, I am staring at my kids more and trying to determine my own purpose. Tomorrow I will be 70. I feel like my life is closing quick simply because I am not 29 anymore. I am so sad that I did not slow down and enjoy the journey. The good news is, I have a long journey left, and I CAN change today. KIck some ass, K