Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 12 What's Your Passion

What's your passion? What would you get up in the morning to do just because you couldn't wait to do it? This is what I would love to figure out. I like learning new things and trying to figure stuff out. I like playing almost any sport, I just love to see what my body can do. I like new experiences and seeing new sights and I love connecting with people. I am intensely interested in what they have to say, what they know, watching their mannerisms. For some reason these interactions have always been fascinating and fun for me. People are like treasure troves you never know what an individual has been through, where they have been, if they're crazy. I guess like Forest Gump I think not only life but people are like a box of assorted chocolates you never know what you're gonna get. I am sitting here laughing at all of the different kinds of people I have met and the things they have said and done. And yet there have also been many not so funny times. Perhaps it is all the depth of emotions from tear streaming laughter to heart wrenching sorrow that pulls at me. Perhaps I don't need to understand but to truly figure out if people are my passion. Do you know your passion? I'm listening

Connections:
Story to self

Process:
Typed up my notes for plan.
Put schedule together

Give some thought to your passion. What would you do even if no one paid you?

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

windancer said...

Joseph Cambell called our passion, our bliss. He talked about having that Ah Ha moment when we are doing something, or thinking about something, that totally and completely connects us to our center - and in that moment we know we are alive. I think that's what you are describing. How sports, travel, connecting w/ people - create that feeling in you, and that becomes your bliss.


I believe that is an important step in self awareness - to identify you pasion. And once identified to connect to it. And then at some point as your journey evolves to be able to let go of this connection - and whether or not you are involved in your passion to be able to retain the glow of your bliss.

I try to let whatever I am engaging in at each moment by my passion. I have found that when I do this my life is enriched and made full by that awareness. So yes, I say I know my passion - and my passion is the bliss I feel in every moment of life.