Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Part II Day 13

I gave away me bed on Sunday night. (Sounds a little crazy doesn’t it?) I have had my “stuff” in storage for over a year and a half. I gave away most of my kitchen items and some odds and ends. What the stuff is isn’t as important as what it means. I guess up until now I have talked about taking this trip and knowing that there were some changes happening but it feels somehow that even through this process of writing a blog and documenting what internal changes were happening that it has still snuck up on me. What I mean to say is that we make a great deal of progress by taking small actions towards an intention. When taking one step toward it – it takes big steps towards you, and then all of the sudden it’s real.

In letting go of some of my things I was letting go of parts of me I built as my identity and I have to say it made me sad to let go of these things, but I think what I am grieving is the loss of where and who I have been. It seems so odd to put into words and I‘m not sure I can. I have felt that I was not living to my full potential feeling urges to move forward. I am searching for my cause and I am choosing to let go of where I am in order to move forward to find it. Letting go of my stuff is a physical manifestation of that intention. It is a step toward my intention. My intention is to find what I am most passionate about, and then to live from that place.


What would you do today if money and time were no issue?


Please say a prayer or hold a thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Namaste
K

2 comments:

windancer said...

30 years ago as a young therapist - just starting out - I had a poster on the door into my consultation room - "The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With The First Step". Maybe you should find that poster and place it on the inside of the door of your storage unit:>}} Love ya

windancer said...

PS - and then the second and the third and the fourth , and so forth - the journey is in the steps not the destination.