Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Part II

I met a woman today in the course of my work day. She has cancer, and this cancer creates ulcers all over her body. Her ulcers break open releasing blood and fluid that are at best unsightly. She is inspirational. She said that they told her she was going to die from this cancer and she said "no, I am not gonna die. Not from this!"
When she walked into the room she had such a vitality and dignity (of course it was her house). She is using homeopathic remedies, diet and prayer to heal herself. She couldn't shake my hand because of her open wounds and she had pads under her feet to absorb the fluid and to cushion the pain from walking. She said, "I may not look well but I believe you heal spirit, soul to body and I'm healed on the inside."

She wasn't the slightest bit self conscious and spoke with conviction that was heart felt and powerful. I don't relay this story to say don't feel sorry for yourself or as a means to make my on search or path trivial. I tell it because of how profound the message "we heal from the inside" is. The outside or physical may show symptoms but it is truly about finding the internal connections, those wounds are the ones we are trying to find and start the healing process. Life gives us "problems" for which we start our search for healing but like any home renovation once you start you go deeper and further finding pieces or rooms to work on.
Each pain can become our passion, we learn lessons to teach not only ourselves but to provide mirrors for others. This spit fire, little petite woman, who is barely over 50 faces her circumstances and healing of with energy and certainty that only someone of heart and faith could. I will not soon forget her or the lessons she has taught me.

Look at your wounds, pull back the layers and let the healing begin from the inside out.

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

Windancer said...

Karen - several years ago when Roger died - Dharmakeerti stayed in touch with me daily for a very long time. And during the early months after his death she just allowed me to fall into mu grief - and to be sad. But then a day came - maybe 6 or 7 months later - maybe a bit longer - when she began to gently encourage me to look at the sadness in the world - to look outside of myself - and to begin to realize that my pain at the loss of him was great, but no greater or les than any other's pain in the world. And slowly, gradually she brought me awake and back into life. When we can surrender our suffering to observe and acknowldege another's we are begining to find and define our true authentic self - it's an important journey to reclaiming our authenticity.