Monday, November 16, 2009

Part II Challenge

I finished my Success Built to Last Class. It turns out (Good News) I have decide to be me. I am pretty sure that I have the best chance at success when being myself, who would know better how to be me? It's funny isn't it? Who knows how to be you better then you? It seems crazy but our parents and good friends sometimes think they do. I'm sure I have thought I knew better how some of my loved ones should be better then they did. The reason for my rambling is more about being who we are and my obsession with figuring out what I want to do or be when I grow up. I was reading something the other day and what I discover was incredible for me. Instead of trying to make/create myself, I am going to try to let go of one thing everyday that I find is not me. My belief is that I will appear to myself. I will be able to see the beauty of my soul by removing the clutter and layers I have spent a lifetime acquiring.

So here is the new challenge: stay aware of what are the behaviors, thoughts, beliefs, social norms that don't work and then focus on seeing them daily and letting them go. My teacher wrote in here comments that letting go of fear is the last thing we will need to let go of. Wise as always. That I think seems like the marathon of letting go, but I have already run a 1/2 marathon so ....

Please say a prayer or hold a positive thought for your greatest good and the greatest good of all.
Thanks
Namaste
K

1 comment:

windancer said...

It’s odd how we accumulate things to try and create ourselves – and the simple truth is if we let go of what we have accumulated on this journey called life – we will find our real identity hidden beneath the accumulation. It’s not what we possess but what we release that allows the birth of self to take place. Very profound thinking – surrender, detach, let go – seems simple enough – wonder what makes it so difficult?